Artist RFP 2019
Light the Lagoon
New in 2019, the Winter Holiday Council will expand its holiday decorating into the downtown area through a community display showing holiday lights at the Foote Lagoon. The City’s intention for this project is to provide lighted holiday-themed vignettes to illuminate the Civic Center’s circular pathway around City Hall, the Public Library, the Chilson Recreation and Senior Center and Senior Housing Complex from November 22, 2019 until January 5, 2020. Lighted holiday displays should celebrate the myriad of holiday traditions of goodwill. In this inaugural year, up to 10 individual lighted displays, measuring about 8’ x 20’ are desired for the Civic Center.
Placement of the vignettes will be on the grass just off the pathway.
Lighted trees lining the walkway are being considered for illumination with white and multi-colored lights.
- Displays chosen for the Civic Center should appeal to a wide variety of ages and holiday traditions.
- Only LED outdoor lighting/decorating items should be used. Display should be bright with holiday lights and suitable for all ages.
- Artists will have access to several holiday structures owned by the WHC which can be repurposed into the artist’s display. Supply is limited and may not be available for every artist. Images of the available structures can be found online at https://www.lovelandmuseumgallery.org/light-the-lagoon/
- Artists will be responsible for the fabrication, installation and maintenance of their display throughout the display period.
- Light displays will be lit from sundown until midnight during the duration of the holiday display. It’s all in the details. Be creative and think outside the box!
- All displays must be created from outdoor materials able to withstand the elements for the entire display period.
- All display materials must be securely anchored into the grass with 6’ stakes and/or sandbags.It is essential that artists consider how they will safely secure their display throughout the duration of the holiday display.
- Displays must be removed no later than January 8, 2020.
- Each applicant must provide the following items:
- a completed application form that can be downloaded at: https://www.lovelandmuseumgallery.org/light-the-lagoon/
- a sketch or model of their proposed design, which outlines their main theme and identifies key design components of the display. Submitted designs should be no larger than 11” x 17” for drawings/sketches and/or 11” x 17” x 9” for 3-D models.
- 5 digital images of past artistic displays that demonstrate your ability to execute your design concept as submitted. Images should be 1920 x 1080. Images maybe submitted on a flash drive or CD.
- Please label all materials.
- If chosen for the project, artists are expected to execute their design according to their submitted design concept.
- All applications must be received at the Loveland Museum, 503 N. Lincoln Avenue, by Friday, September 27, 2019 at 5pm.